Why Choose Me
"To provide clients with the information, tools, and counsel to make great decisions when buying or selling real estate."
A few highlights about Mike Van Cleve's background
- Graduated from the University of Illinois in 2002 with a Bachelors in Architecture
- Spent nearly six years living in Chicago practicing architecture, specializing in accessible design and consulting in the Americans with Disabilities and Fair Housing Act. Consulting clients including small business to Fortune 500 companies, Architects, and some of the nation's largest residential developers on compliance with accessible design and guidelines.
- Relocated to Peoria, IL in 2007, continuing to practice architecture focusing on healthcare, education, and accessible design.
- In 2011, Mike transitioned into a career in residential construction and then obtaining his real estate license the following year.
- Nominated for Peoria Area Association of Realtors Rookie of the Year in 2012
- Named 2015 Distinguished Member for Community Service by the Peoria Area Association of Realtors
- In the top 10% of agents in the Greater Peoria Area for sales volume.
Mike is active in the community coaching youth wheelchair basketball with the Peoria Wildcats alongside his wife Katie, as Chair of Advocates for Access Board of Directors, as Vice Chair of the City of Peoria Mayor's Advisory Committee for Citizens with Disabilities, and numerous other Boards and volunteering endeavors. Together Mike & Katie have a seven-year-old daughter Maeve, and they live in a warehouse to home conversion near Bradley in Peoria, IL.